“Being an Aunt is one of the most rewarding pieces of my life,” says Fieldview at Holland’s Marketing and Alumni Coordinator, Hillary Nolan. “Because of them, I’ve learn so many lessons in love, life and patience.”
Aunts and Uncles often play a unique role in our lives. As documented in articles on Forbes, The Washington Post, Huffington Post and countless others, aunts and uncles play an extremely important role in our lives.
Addiction affects the whole family Wichita, Kansas Addiction affects the whole family Wichita, Kansas Addiction affects the whole family Wichita, Kansas
My Family Digest explains that important role in their article “The Importance of Aunts and Uncles in a Family.” My Family Digest identifies 4 primary benefits aunts and uncles uniquely bring.
- Aunt and Uncles may act as a parent’s stand-in help. Siblings often trust each other and rely on each other when in a crunch.
- Aunts and uncles are a logical solution when things get tight and be present when needed.
- Aunts and uncles are a great sounding board. When tough situations arise aunt and uncles are a great source for advice, voice of reason and a true confidante, that isn’t a peer.
- Aunts and uncles often share interest with their nieces and nephews and can help grow experienced and a knowledge base parents can’t do on their own.
- Aunts and uncles are some of the best story tellers around. Aunts and uncles are often present of the important moments life and offer a different point of view.
- Aunts and uncles love their nieces and nephews from the very first day they were born, and that love allows a niche to be filled. Playing a pivotal role in the lives of all of us.
When an individual is struggling with substance abuse, the addiction affects every relationship in that individual’s life, including relationships with aunts and uncles. Aunts and uncles only want what is best for us, but an addiction can be a serious strain on this special relationship. But, the love will be there always.
Remember to give the special aunts and uncles in your life a special hug or note today, because July 26th is National Aunt and Uncle day. Shout out to all aunts and uncles out there choosing to be involved in their nieces/nephews lives. Research shows the relationships you are creating are extremely important.